Be a Cabin Leader
The Santa Cruz County Outdoor Science School is seeking energetic and responsible high school volunteers throughout the school year to serve as Cabin Leaders to small groups of 5th and 6th grade students. Each Cabin Leader is paired with a Naturalist who they assist on trail and during field studies. Cabin Leaders help ensure the student safety during daily activities and overnight in the cabins. All Cabin Leaders participate in Training the first and second day of the program before students arrive. Cabin Leaders arrive at 6:30 pm the first day of the program week and are dismissed at 12:00pm on the final day program.
- Earn up to 60 Community Service hours in one week
- Gain skills in Leadership and Risk Management during Cabin Leader Training
- Have fun working with 5th and 6th grade students at the Outdoor Science School
Learn more about what we do and who we are visit us at Facebook.com/sccoss
- Find a week that works for you and your school
- Print the Cabin Leader Application
- Complete Applicant Information and Questions
- Have your Parent/Guardian complete the Service Learning Permission Form
- Have your teachers and school administrators sign the Service Learning Permission Form
- Scan and email your application to Cabin Leader or take pictures with your phone and text them to (831) 291 – 3997
Applicants will receive an email with a Registration Packet. You must reply to this email confirming you will attend in order to reserve your place. Please bring your registration forms with you to Training.
Program Calendar with Visiting Schools
Stay tuned for future available weeks to sign up for!
If you are unable to download an application or would like more information please contact me via email or phone.
Cabin Leader Program Coordinator
Santa Cruz County Outdoor Science School
Koinonia Conference Grounds
1605 Eureka Canyon Rd.
Watsonville, CA 95076